Abou Ben Boogie

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Abou Ben Boogie

Post by danfrandes » June 12th, 2007, 6:58 pm

From Abou Ben Boogie, where can I find screencaps from the cartoon or where can I find a video of the whole cartoon?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 12th, 2007, 7:21 pm

Did you try Youtube? That would be your best bet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 12th, 2007, 8:43 pm

Abou Ben Boogie will be included on the upcoming Woody Woodpecker & Friends DVD boxed set (current release date: July 24th) .. which will be the first time it's ever been available on (legit) home video, AFAIK.

Meanwhile, there are some screen shots (may have to scroll down a bit) from Abou Ben Boogie, at the very excellent Walter Lantz Cartune Encyclopedia ..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by danfrandes » June 13th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Excuse me. Where does the harem girl from "Abou Ben Boogie" do her belly dancing?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by danfrandes » June 15th, 2007, 11:01 am

Hello? I have a question: Where does a harem girl do her belly dancing at the "Abou Ben Boogie" cartoon?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 15th, 2007, 2:22 pm

Asking twice wont get you knowhere. If somebody knew, they would've already posted. Simple as that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 15th, 2007, 2:23 pm

Having never seen the cartoon myself, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question.

Abou Ben Boogie is a rarely-seen cartoon, that was 'banned' from television, and hasn't (yet) been released on home video .. so there likely aren't many folks out there who would know that answer.

However, as I said, ABB will be included on the upcoming Woody Woodpecker & Friends DVD boxed set .. so you'll only have to wait until July 24th to find out! :idea:

Patience! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by danfrandes » July 20th, 2007, 7:32 pm

I hope the harem girl wiggling her hips was put into the "Abou Ben Boogie" cartoon that was in the "Woody Woodpecker and Friends Collection" DVD.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by danfrandes » July 22nd, 2007, 11:00 am

Hello? Anyone?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 22nd, 2007, 12:08 pm

Um...guess we're all stuck for an answer until the DVD comes <I>out</I>!? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 22nd, 2007, 8:10 pm

Two more days! :D

Though there's a lot more to be excited about in this boxed set than just Abou Ben Boogie .. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 23rd, 2007, 3:45 am

Like Woody? ;)

From reviews I read, it doesn't sound like the "harem girl" is in the ABB short that was chosen for this set. Maybe for volume 2!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 24th, 2007, 5:04 am

danfrandes wrote:Excuse me. Where does the harem girl from "Abou Ben Boogie" do her belly dancing?
And the long-awaited answer to that question is: The Adobe Club ..!

And, from what I can tell, the cartoon seems very much intact .. if not exactly in the best condition (it's a bit scratchy/grainy in places). But danfrandes should be pleased to know that the 'harem girl' (who is actually more of a nightclub torch singer) does quite a bit of dancing .. although much of it is 1940's 'boogie-woogie'/swing dancing, rather than traditional middle-eastern-style 'belly-dancing'.

All in all, Abou Ben Boogie is a nice 'curiosity' piece from the WWII years; very much in the vein of Tex Avery's Red Hot Riding Hood or Swing-Shift Cinderella .. but not nearly as 'polished'.

FWIW, another Swing Symphony cartoon on the same disc, The Greatest Man in Siam, likewise features exotically-dressed dancing girls .. though, both cartoons are pretty innocuous, by today's standards. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by danfrandes » July 24th, 2007, 10:11 am

droosan wrote:
danfrandes wrote:Excuse me. Where does the harem girl from "Abou Ben Boogie" do her belly dancing?
And the long-awaited answer to that question is: The Adobe Club ..!

And, from what I can tell, the cartoon seems very much intact .. if not exactly in the best condition (it's a bit scratchy/grainy in places). But danfrandes should be pleased to know that the 'harem girl' (who is actually more of a nightclub torch singer) does quite a bit of dancing .. although much of it is 1940's 'boogie-woogie'/swing dancing, rather than traditional middle-eastern-style 'belly-dancing'.

All in all, Abou Ben Boogie is a nice 'curiosity' piece from the WWII years; very much in the vein of Tex Avery's Red Hot Riding Hood or Swing-Shift Cinderella .. but not nearly as 'polished'.

FWIW, another Swing Symphony cartoon on the same disc, The Greatest Man in Siam, likewise features exotically-dressed dancing girls .. though, both cartoons are pretty innocuous, by today's standards. :wink:
Well, where is the belly dancing girl from "Abou Ben Boogie"?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 24th, 2007, 11:11 am

Well, being that this is supposed to be a 'kid-friendly' board, I had refrained from posting a pic of her, earlier .. :? but, as a 'one-time' answer to a direct request, I guess it might be 'okay' .. so, here she is:

Image ta-daaa ..

Keep in mind, this pic may go 'away', if Ben or any of the other AN&V 'higher-ups' feels it is 'inappropriate' content. :!:

And besides, the entire Abou Ben Boogie cartoon is readily available on DVD, as of today .. :idea: