Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 29th, 2006, 7:40 am

I remember that the songs were written by a DTV "hack". Hopefully she'll pull it out of the hat for a proper feature - I know they do spend longer getting them right for features.

A feature with the look of the Steadfast Tin Soldier - that was my vision for my Emperor's New Clothes musical. Still, one day... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by blackcauldron85 » June 6th, 2006, 9:48 am

At Disney-MGM, there is a section with posters for upcoming movies, and "Rapunzel" is just "Rapunzel"; no "Unbraided". I think that unless they totally retool the whole film, it won't be a "classic" fairy tale. The Disney fairy tales definitely put their own spin on the stories (such as the enchanted objects in B&tB)...modern teenagers going into a fairy tale is not "classic"...I'm surprised Glen Keane would even agree to a fractured fairy tale. I've been saying for years how "Shrek" ruined animation (as in the stories), and, if "Rapunzel" is at all "Unbraided", in the title or not, that would prove my point. People would pay to watch a classic fairy tale, if only someone would give us one.

I've stepped down from my soapbox.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 6th, 2006, 9:18 pm

LIST OF THINGS TO DO TODAY...
drop the unbraided, pick up a bran-gelina doll, and conquest the entire world.
ahhhhh so many things to do in a day.
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 7th, 2006, 11:33 am

From what we've heard, the movie is be re-tooled to combine CG with a "certain amount" of hand-drawn animation.

I don't know what that means, but wouldn't it be cool to have a whole feature that looks as rich as the Steadfast Tin Soldier sequence in Fantasia/2000?

Yummy... Smile
Yeah, I'd like that.

I personally think this film could do with some mid 90s, Alan-Menken/esque songs and maybe even an "I want" opening muscial number. I also think that pop-culture jokes (especially songs) would KILL it.

(but I also don't think that Shrek ruined animation! Big surprise there... J/K :roll: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » June 7th, 2006, 12:01 pm

Ben wrote:From what we've heard, the movie is be re-tooled to combine CG with a "certain amount" of hand-drawn animation.

I don't know what that means, but wouldn't it be cool to have a whole feature that looks as rich as the Steadfast Tin Soldier sequence in Fantasia/2000?

Yummy... :)
My guess is that it may be a sort of Wizard of Oz style thing, with the teens who become Rapunzel and the Prince being traditionally animated characters and then jumping into the CGI in the world of fantasy.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 7th, 2006, 6:46 pm

actually to tell the truth i do not think that shrek ruined animation but just changed it dramatically. i dunno if that makes any sense but whatever.
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 7th, 2006, 7:37 pm

I think that makes a lot of sense, actually.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 16th, 2006, 1:01 pm

From Jim Hill's descriptions on his site, it sounds like this movie is sort of a modern "I want" story--classic Disney set in a contemporary environment.

Hopefully with an emphasis on romance rather than clever wisecracks.

BTW, I think Jim Hill does a good job in general. He's not always right but at least the site is entertaining, and he always speaks his mind, no matter what the talkback people are going to say.

:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 16th, 2006, 1:15 pm

BTW, I think Jim Hill does a good job in general. He's not always right but at least the site is entertaining, and he always speaks his mind, no matter what the talkback people are going to say.
That's true, very true.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » June 24th, 2006, 5:00 pm

i meant "blonde" in the lines of Legally Blonde type character

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 24th, 2006, 10:38 pm

Oh EEW. That would be terrible.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 30th, 2006, 1:49 pm

fani wrote:i meant "blonde" in the lines of Legally Blonde type character
Slowest. Reply. Ever. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » June 30th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Do I get an award for it?
*insert witty comment*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 12th, 2006, 9:40 pm

*shock* I'll be in college when this comes out! Shocked
I know how you feel. When I was in High School we kept hearing about the X-Men films possibly coming out, and by the time the first one came out I was almost 22. :roll:

Guess that's what they mean by "development heck".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 4th, 2007, 7:20 am

Here's an animation lecture by the great Glen Keane. :wink: :)

It's in 16 or 17 parts. I'm not sure when it took place.