AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » May 7th, 2007, 8:58 am

[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 7th, 2007, 9:23 am

Hey JV...

While we're loving all the Pixar, and especially Ratatouille, news that you've been posting, I've got to say that since all the links you post revert back to your own Pixar blog site, it's starting to come across as not much better than just spamming our boards with your links.

I don't want to put you off posting with us, but some more interaction with us on the boards would be great as opposed to <I>just</I> a continuous stream of basic links...at nearly 50 pages, this thread seems little more than a place for you to keep referring to your own site, which you have in your permanent signature anyway.

Most sites wouldn't put up at all with it...but we don't want to come crashing down on you. Just let up on the not-so-important updates, and come and actually <I>chat</I> to us more about Ratatouille rather than just keep linking back to your site all the time.

Yes, the release is exciting, but your posting is very much borderline spam, or at least unwarranted hijacking of our boards to grab readers for yours.

Hope you can understand, and I truly hope you stick around. Can I ask you one more time to reduce your Ratatouille signature image please? This <I>is</I> the AN&V boards after all, not an ad site for Pixar's latest!

Thanks! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 8th, 2007, 9:17 pm

Also, I'm sure everyone has probably seen these already, but here's 4 Ratatouille videos all in one place for your convenience :) :

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/834/8 ... ids_1.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 13th, 2007, 11:54 am

A little bit more on the Art of: Ratatouille book

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=011893
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » May 13th, 2007, 4:46 pm

I love the Art of books. If I had the money I would buy them all. I got to browse through the Spirited Away one at a bookstore once. Fantastic!
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 15th, 2007, 8:22 am

Also, there's this book: :)
http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=012327

Now THAT should be an interesting read. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 15th, 2007, 8:23 am

I just think it's odd that it's being released now, 18 months after the merger....? And it's also weird how the book is called "Pixar Animation Studios" story, and no word about Disney...:?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 15th, 2007, 10:15 am

Well, that's becuase it's a book about Pixar Animation Studios!

Hey, I think it's that time of the month when Vi goes all territorial! I'm sure Disney will be mentioned when appropriate, and that the "story" will finish with their sale to the Mouse House.

Pixar was around long before Disney showed any interest. Why should a book cover promote them?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 15th, 2007, 11:01 am

True....:)

It's just with the merger....well, shouldn't Diz and Pix (sorry :wink:) have, um, "merged" a little more?? :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 15th, 2007, 3:47 pm

Sorry Vi, but you're off your trolley!

This is the Pixar Studios book, covering a NUMBER of years with LUCASFILM and then out on their own. It will deal with the Disney collaborations, but they've only owned them for less than a year in a 21-year history.

The book is good timing to close the chapter on one part of the Lamp's story and leave it open for the next.

'Nuff said. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 15th, 2007, 3:49 pm

Oh, O.K...I guess that makes sense. Sorta. 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 15th, 2007, 4:17 pm

Just a question...Is it true Lucas sold Pixar so he could use the money for his divorce?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 15th, 2007, 4:27 pm

It could very well be true, Lucas' divorce was allegedly extremely hard on him (according to some books I've read it's one of the reasons why 1984's Temple of Doom is so dark as Lucas was in the middle of the divorce when writing the script....believe it or not it was even darker in tone until Spielberg took over and "lightened it up" with comedy, romance, etc...)

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah! Lucas' divorce....yeah, I don't think he was all that interested in keeping Pixar, 'specially since he already had ILM and all.

Of course, then Jobs swooped in and plunked down the cash (he actually got Lucas to sell Pixar for much less than George had originally intended) and the rest is history....:)

Banned
Banned

Post by Remy » May 16th, 2007, 4:45 pm

Hey guys don't any of you guys wish that Ratatouille was out today?

I do. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 16th, 2007, 7:02 pm

Of course you would, your in it! :lol: