The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 7th, 2009, 4:10 am

Really? ugh,they need to release a new :?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » March 7th, 2009, 4:50 pm

I heard about this movie...During 2007.{While I was writing my R rated cartoon}, I am really excited about this because this has two of my favorite directors making a comeback, and its hand-drawn.

If we get a new release date I hope its sometime in november or fall.... I dont think any other type of animated movie comes out in the fall...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 7th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Daniel wrote:We now have confirmation: there is a trailer for The Princess and the Frog on the Bolt DVD/BD, but it's the old one we've already seen... boo. :(
Unless we get another teaser, I'm beginning to think it won't be until August or September when we'll see a new Princess and the Frog trailer. Still, I keep hoping we'll get a new trailer in May, with Up. If nothing else, I expect a Princess and the Frog poster to debut in the near future.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 8th, 2009, 8:18 pm

EDIT: erased a news article already on the front page. :)

About Princess, in my opinion September is cutting it kind of close. I agree with Josh that the best time is to debut with Up in May. It would get a lot more exposure that way. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that a ton of people are going to see Up.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 9th, 2009, 7:16 am

Didn't we get a Bolt trailer with WALL-E?

No reason to think that we wouldn't then get a P&TF with Up. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 9th, 2009, 7:41 am

Yeah,I guess that Up will have a full trailer,or the Hannah Montana movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 9th, 2009, 10:33 am

Are those Tiana and Naveen?:
Remember the video the toys from the movie and someone said that she should have filmed the screen insted of the toys? she did filmed it but only the Wizards Of Wearvly Place clip.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 11th, 2009, 4:17 pm

From Variety:
Disney Moves Up The Princess and the Frog

Walt Disney Pictures has moved up the release of Ron Clements and John Musker's traditionally-animated musical The Princess and the Frog. Originally scheduled for a Christmas Day bow, the film will now open in New York and Los Angeles on November 25th before expanding nationwide on December 11th.

In its old date, "Princess" would have gone up against 20th Century Fox's holiday family tentpole Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel.

The only other film scheduled to debut on December 11th is Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones.

The Princess and the Frog is voiced by Anika Noni Rose, John Goodman, Keith David, Jim Cummings and Jenifer Lewis.
Not November, (for nationwide) but at least it has a two week jump. Yay!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » March 11th, 2009, 6:08 pm

Oh wow!

I'll be posting (blurry) screen caps as soon as possible, but, on the latest episode of "The View", there were three new clips from this film!

It's at about 40 minutes into the program. As an opener for John Lasseter, they have a montage of films he worked on play set to "WALL-E" music. They have "Toy Story", "Toy Story 2", "A Bug's Life", "Finding Nemo", "Cars", "WALL-E", "BOLT", "Monster's, Inc.", "Ratatouille", "The Incredibles", and "Up".

As for new clips from "The Princess and the Frog":

1) They show a young (maybe six years old) Tiana hugging a pillow and looking out a window longingly, she has a green Tiara on her head.

2) Ray flying and landing on a dandelion, stares up at a big, full moon.

They also showed the clip from the teaser of Tiana holding Naveen (in frog form) over a balcony.

Then a little later they show her squeezing her eyes as she attempts to kiss him.

Later they show a slightly more extended clip with Naveen (frog form) waving his arms for Tiana to give him something. She hands him a copy of "The Frog Prince" and he pages through it and lands on a page, then looks up at her.

The whole montage was nicely put together!
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 11th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Hopefully P&TF and The Lovely Bones won't both open the same day here...or else it's another double bill trip to the theater for me!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 11th, 2009, 7:09 pm

Yep Neal, saw that to! Nice surprise and I was sort of correct on my predictions! Iger talked about D23 and, while they didn't show a trailer for Frog, they did at least show clips! Lovely and it makes me a tiny bit more exited. Sort of makes up for the lack of a new trailer. ;)

I don't know if it's on ABC's site, looked but couldn't find it, but if you go to Hulu type in "The View" and click the first screen that's labeled "3/9" (which has Lindsay Lohan on it), you should then get a pop-up that has the "3/9"episode loading, but if you look on the right side you'll see today's episode!

I tried putting a direct link but that didn't work and I hope I didn't lose anyone. Let me know if it works!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » March 11th, 2009, 7:11 pm

The specific clips will be put on YouTube by me, but will not be of very good quality. I was uploading them before your post.

Once it's processed, you can check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcbW45iod4E
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 11th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Well... ;)

I notice you have Dish Network, I do too! Heh. Good effort, at least you can make it out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » March 11th, 2009, 8:11 pm

Yes, around here it's either Dish Network for Direct TV.

Clip 2 of 3:

(don't blink or you'll miss it!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W66xx11-znI

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 11th, 2009, 8:15 pm

Nice clip again, good thing I didn't delete it so I can watch it over and over.