The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 13th, 2009, 7:09 am

Golly,I"m away for a few days and so many information,anyway I hope that those group picture are just to promote the movie,I"m pretty annyoed that Giselle,Pochaontas and Mulan aren't there but the Princes picture is neat,I think it's weird that John Smith is there and Pocahontas herself is the most underrated Princess,I hope that they won't be most used 7 now with Tiana or something-they"ll keep the same 5 ones but will kick Jasmine out and replace her with Tiana,Daniel-When did you get the picture with the frogs? it's so cute :D,and I"m happy with the new release date :D it's still december and a very little while before my birthday and Chipmunks isn't a threat).
Anyway I found some books:
(I just hate how this books says "new princess in 11 years" and Giselle's movie was released last year,it's not right that she gets more attention then the other Princesses just because she's black).
The How To Draw says that Naveen is spoiled and arrogant,which is actually how the princess in the original frog prince fairy tale is.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » March 13th, 2009, 10:52 am

Giselle wasn't a princess in the beginning of the film. She doesn't become one in the end.

She's not s princess, period. I'm glad she's excluded and wish they'd exclude Mulan, as well.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 13th, 2009, 11:39 am

She doesn't have to be a real princess to be a Disney Princess,it's the character if she fits the franchise or not,she and Mulan may not be real princesses but they are Disney Princesses and Eilonwy,Megara,Kida and Nancy may be real princesses but they won't be Disney Princesses,and she wasn't excluded either,they use her less but she's an official Disney Princess,they mostly use her in things where they don't need Amy's face like costumes,wedding dresses,CDs and more stuff of the Princess line (And they said that she's the newest official Disney Princess).
Edit:I just noticed by the way that they changed the Princess line's logo,look at the tiara,I think they did it with Sleeping Beauty too.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 13th, 2009, 11:57 am

You're missing the point, Once.

Disney promoting this as the first new princess movie in over ten years is all about raising our expectations and building the hype towards welcoming back the hand drawn animated musical. And as much as it did include some animation, Enchanted was a pastiche of this kind of picture and was certainly not a full on animated musical.

Actually as soon as I read that line, which really should read "in over 10 years" to make a bit more impact, I thought "very, very clever". Obviously a bit too subtle for ya...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 13th, 2009, 12:18 pm

So they lie just to promote to movie? and they don't really ignore Giselle?.
By the way Neal-I saw your merchandise thread in IMDB,whould you like that I"ll post here the costumes that are already for sale online? :).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 13th, 2009, 1:02 pm

No, they're not lying. Giselle wasn't a princess. She never married the prince!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Viscountesstiara » March 13th, 2009, 2:03 pm

Thank you Ben. I don't see why that was so hard to get.
Patiently waiting for "The Princess and the Frog."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 13th, 2009, 2:06 pm

And of course, even though Mulan, Esmeralda and Meg technically aren't princesses either (there's always debate over Pocahontas), looks like that's the SECOND time Kida of Atlantis was forgotten for comparisons, from eight years ago...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 13th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Giselle may not be a real princess but she is a Disney Princess,and she's official,if they"re saying that they are lying.
EricJ-Esmeralda and Meg aren't Disney Princess thought they did got pushed into merchandise when they didn't had enough girls for things like Sing Alongs and etc but now with Giselle,Tiana and the new Princesses they won't be back but Meg is a real princess actually,she merried Hercules and his father is the king of the gods.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 13th, 2009, 2:20 pm

From here:
First, there will be no Toy Story 3 trailer in May... yes, I know. A bit disappointing isn't it? But the good news is that there will be a trailer that comes with(but not attached) "Up" on May 29th. That's when the full trailer for "The Princess and the Frog" will debut. At least in theaters. The Mouse may put it up online before that, but the plan as of now it to put it in front of the Senior Citizen Action Adventure film.
Well, I wasn't expecting a TS3 trailer and not for a good while... Good to hear about Princess, finally the full trailer!
Once Upon A Dream wrote:Daniel-When did you get the picture with the frogs? it's so cute
A little after rob posted the pics, but yes, it's too cute!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 13th, 2009, 3:11 pm

I"m surprised that it will have a full trailer for Princess And The Frog insted of Toy Story 3,I was wondering if the Hannah Montana Movie will have the full trailer,maybe the Up DVD and Blu-Ray will have a teaser for Toy Story 3 or The Princess And The Frog will have.
What I mean is what website did you got it from? :D yeah,I think they"ll use it in merchandise :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » March 13th, 2009, 7:10 pm

wow, that Prince poster is pretty sweet :).. is it possible to make it bigger? they're kinda hard to see.. 8) ..

silly Aladdin.. always in the center of things :)..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jake » March 13th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Can someone please repost the image of the movie projector book? It's link is broken.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 13th, 2009, 8:44 pm

Done!

Hopefully that works. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jake » March 14th, 2009, 2:20 pm

Thanks, Daniel :)