Walt Disney Treasures

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 6th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Yep, well worth keeping (probably both of both of them). Not that I'm endorsing DVD-Rs from VHS (I have the original VHS tapes). ;)

My interview with Diane Disney Miller also highlights the reasons for the differing cuts and a couple of additions to the DVD:
http://animated-views.com/2002/the-dad- ... ter-diane/

Glad to hear our older reviews could be of service. Don't forget that we have a good number of older titles up that don't show on our front page.

Here's a site listing of all the content we have. The reviews section is pretty lengthy and we still have more backlog to add!
http://animated-views.com/sitemap/

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 7th, 2008, 2:16 pm

Haha, I actually have the site bookmarked, I just didn't think to check it this time. It does indeed come in handy sometimes.

Yeah, good interview, nice they were able to do all that for the re-release on DVD.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 13th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Great reviews on the Walt Disney Treasures, guys! :)

Rand - excellent review on The Chronological Donald, Volume Three! I've only seen about five of the duck shorts, but yes, the picture quality so far is surprisingly consistent and much better than Volume Two. Glad you had no complaints! Personally, the shorts starting here and onwards, are my favorites among Donald's whole history.

Ben - very, very good review on The Adventures of Oswald The Lucky Rabbit! Wow, all sections getting a 10/10!? Is that a first? Considering I finally finished his toons, I can't help but agree 100%. Once again, nice recap on the UB Doc - no still haven't seen it, this week!

There's something else and since you both mentioned it... I agree about the Pixar Shorts Collection 'Sneak Peek' inclusion on the disc. I was like whaa? Seriously, even though I know where they're coming from, I didn't like it. Pretty much what Ben said, I thought it was pointless.

Lastly, I caught one little mistake on both reviews. On Rand's Don review, under the section Is This Thing Loaded?, you left off the "h" in than. And with Ben's I'm not sure, but under Final Cut:, you have the word "herein" which is a word, but I don't think you used it correctly, so I'm assuming you meant "in here"?

Like I said, small and in the great scheme of things, little blemishes on what are two perfect reviews. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 13th, 2008, 3:14 pm

Thanks for the typo alert. Ben and I worked hard to get these up before week's end, as they were so late getting to us. And no matter how many times you read these over, when it's 1am something's bound to be missed. Glad you liked the reviews.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 14th, 2008, 7:33 am

10/10 across the board from me on Oswald, yep. It might be a first, but I've been generous with my scores for preferred titles before too! ;)

As far as my online dictionary and spellchecker goes, I used "herein" correctly: as you picked up it means "in here". :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2008, 4:37 pm

Ahhh, thanks for setting me straight. Had a feeling, but wanted bring it up just incase.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 14th, 2008, 5:06 pm

After Oswald and Donald, we just made the complete set:
http://animated-views.com/2008/disney-t ... and-magic/

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2008, 7:56 pm

No surpise, great review, Ben! Finally, now I know your thoughts on Disneyland. ;) It's more or less what I've expected, but still sounds good enough to buy, which is what I was doubting a while back. Very engaging, and the pics you chose were great.

I also wanted to bring two things to your attention. Under The Sweatbox Review:, there's this word - "oft-told". Like before, it is a word, but I wanted to run it across you just the same.

And this -
Ben wrote:but the closing moments lean too heavily on what the park experience "means", and they can't but help sneak in a quick, but harmless, plug for the latest addition to Disney's parks in Hong Kong.
(Note: I had to change to " to make it quote)

No typo or anything, but I think it scans better if "but" and "help" are re-arranged. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 15th, 2008, 4:47 am

Sorry...<I>darn</I> my old English...! :)

"Oft-told" is fine, but I did change around the others. Jeez a review of a review, eh? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 17th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Eh, you could say that. ;)

And I just read the section again, much better! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Walt Disney Treasures Wave VIII (2008)

Post by Ben » February 20th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Just announced:

Destino, Dr Syn, Donald 4:
http://animated-views.com/2008/disney-t ... viii-2008/

:) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 20th, 2008, 2:23 pm

Omg, this just made my day!! :)

I'm actually surprised we found out so quick, but with its new release date - November 11 - it makes sense. Much better date, IMO.

Well, I'm very happy we're getting Donald V4! I was thinking we might have had to wait two years, but happy it's coming right after V3.

Destino, yay! I've heard so much good on this, can't wait! The bonus features also sound exiting, so that's going to be highlight as well.

Dr. Syn, blah... :( Think I've seen some of this before, don't know what specifically, but I didn't like it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 20th, 2008, 6:45 pm

What, what, what!!??

I can understand your "blah"-ing at Dr Syn, but give it another chance! I remember being well scared of it as a kid, but then saw it again many years later and being quite thrilled!

It's very edgy stuff...certainly so for a Disney TV show...no wonder the film version was such a hit internationally.

It's a classic! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 20th, 2008, 11:15 pm

Never seen Dr. Syn, but I read a kids' adaptation of it (a Wonderful World of Disney paperback) years ago, and look forward to finally seeing it. Donald is great, though kind of old hat by now. I have Mathmagicland on tape, so even that wouldn't thrill me (though it would certainly please me!). Destino is great, too, though having a 2-disc set for a short is quite--- remarkable... even with added documentary material.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 20th, 2008, 11:59 pm

I guess I'll finally be able to see Destino now. Hopefully this wave has better packaging.