Todd Goldman is dumb. Throw rocks at him.

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Todd Goldman is dumb. Throw rocks at him.

Post by Macaluso » April 9th, 2007, 5:56 pm

Todd Goldman (or Todd Goliath), is a guy that draws things and puts them on t-shirts, and is part of a company called David and Goliath. Well, let me rephrase that. He STEALS most of his t-shirt designs, and makes money off of them. You might recognize one of his shirts as the "Boys are dumb, throw rocks at them" shirts.

Basically, there was not a whole lot of attention surrounding him until he decided to be retarded and show off a peice of "art" in a gallery of his at some art place. I'm sure getting away with stealing some random image from the internet would be feasible. IF he weren't stealing from Shmorky, of SomethingAwful, and wasn't stealing something that had been on the internet for five years before, and is considered to be one of Shmorky's most popular images. Here's the thread at SA about the entire thing. Shmorky tells it a lot better than I can:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... genumber=1

It's starting to get really huge. From SEVERAL webcomics and communities talking about this, to even someone from the LA times wanting to do an interview with both of them. If any of you know about Shmorky, you know that he just DOESN'T do interviews, and is generally not public about the stuff he does. Any kind of advertisement from his stuff is generated by the fans, so this is a big thing.

Here's Shmorky's on the left, and Todd's stolen painting on the right:
There's no way this Todd douchebag could defend this.

And he's not above stealing from other well known places. Some might recognize this. The only major difference is the lack of skull hair things and pupils, it's essentially Lenore, the cute little dead girl:

And then there's him using the image of a cat that has been used in Windows for a very long time. And we can't forget him using lots of different clipart that he doesn't even draw put alongside various bumper sticker style wit!

This Todd is a hack in every sense of the word! I suggest you read the link I posted above.

I dunno if this would even belong in animated NEWS, but i figured it'd be good to get the word out there.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 9th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Well, at least it's nice to see you start a new thread, Mac, even if it is about something as dishonest as this.

The man is whacko, obviously. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 9th, 2007, 6:26 pm

This is really interesting stuff,
I'm amazed that this guy has been able to get away with it for so long.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 10th, 2007, 5:32 am

Plus that other Scrat/Sqrat thing that was going on, and even the Spongebob thing (Spongebob Squarepants vs. Bob Spongee), it seems like more and more of these "rip-offs" are coming to light! :)

And I've seen that "Dead Lenore" thing tons of places (Hot Topic for one)--I always thought it was Alice in Wonderland....? Oh, and tons of stuff with that "Boys are Stupid, Throw Rocks at Them"--I even had a refrigerator magnet with that at one point! :)

Hmmm.....wonder if that whole arrogant pink bunny thing (forgot the name) who says those "You s**k and that's sad" kind of stuff was ripped off too?????

Ah wait, it's called: "It's Happy Bunny" :roll:

http://wallpapers.jurko.net/uploads/hbunny1.jpg

I don't know who "created" that franchise, but they must make a TON of moolah!! :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 10th, 2007, 12:13 pm

Anyone remember Larry Potter...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 10th, 2007, 1:41 pm

Shari Bobbins: Hello, I'm Sharry Bobbins!
Homer: Don't you mean Mary Pop--
Shari Bobbins: No, no, I definitely do not! I'm an original creation, like Rickey Rouse or Monald Muck!

:wink: :P

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!