Award archives...

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 7th, 2007, 9:47 pm

Yeah, thanks - I saw that a while ago and have been looking around for it. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Best Animated Feature 2007/08

Post by Ben » August 6th, 2007, 7:24 am

This here thread has been requested to keep tabs on the Best Animated Feature Oscar that will be handed to a feature film released during 2007 at the 2008 Academy Awards presentation.

With a lot of such talk in the Ratatouille and The Simpsons Movie threads, we thought it would be better to start a dedicated awards one.

So, start yakkin'... :)

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » August 6th, 2007, 1:24 pm

There is another film I think should be nominated for that category, it's the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 6th, 2007, 4:01 pm

Um...<I>riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight</I>...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 6th, 2007, 4:26 pm

I think both Surf's Up and Meet the Robinsons are certainly good enough for serious consideration.

Though I wonder if Disney will choose not to submit Meet the Robinsons, in order to bolster Ratatouille's chances. :?

------------

And, of course, there's still Bee Movie, Beowulf, and Enchanted to look forward to, this year; though, the last two mightn't qualify for the category.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » August 6th, 2007, 4:41 pm

There is another film I think should be nominated for that category, it's the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie.
Do the Razzies have an animated feature category yet?

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » August 6th, 2007, 4:53 pm

Oh come on, ATHF The Movie is just as hilarious as The Simpsons Movie even critics like the film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » August 6th, 2007, 5:04 pm

I was joking!!...well not really, I saw the movie and hated it with every bone in my body (even though I enjoy the TV show).
My point is, I respect your opinion about the movie but you do have to realise that ATHF doesn't
have the slightest chance of getting nominated for an Academy Award.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » August 6th, 2007, 5:38 pm

Jeroen wrote:I was joking!!...well not really, I saw the movie and hated it with every bone in my body (even though I enjoy the TV show).
My point is, I respect your opinion about the movie but you do have to realise that ATHF doesn't
have the slightest chance of getting nominated for an Academy Award.
Ok so it won't win an Oscar despite the fact it's actually just as hilarious as The Simpsons Movie but I'll bet you this, that the ATHF movie will probably go to the MTV Movie Awards.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 6th, 2007, 7:22 pm

I think its 'questionable' :P humor (ATHF) as well as the fact that it's mostly flash animation might hamper its chances with the Academy. :wink:

The fact that mo-cap is mostly a no-no now doesn't pose good chances for Flash.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 6th, 2007, 9:03 pm

Thanks, Ben! :)

And like I said in another thread, I'm rooting for the The Simpsons Movie; only because its the only film I've seen so far. Tisk on me!

But, by the time the awards come around, I'm sure I would have seen everyone one of them, so who knows, my opinion might change.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » August 6th, 2007, 9:46 pm

droosan wrote:I think both Surf's Up and Meet the Robinsons are certainly good enough for serious consideration.

Though I wonder if Disney will choose not to submit Meet the Robinsons, in order to bolster Ratatouille's chances. :?

------------

And, of course, there's still Bee Movie, Beowulf, and Enchanted to look forward to, this year; though, the last two mightn't qualify for the category.

Yeah, probably another CG film.

God, am I tired of those!

The only different-looking stuff is coming from overseas. All those animal films started looking alike sometime over the past 3 years.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 6th, 2007, 10:32 pm

I can't believe I forgot about Meet the Robinsons!!! :oops: :oops:

That could certainly get a nom, but like Drew said, Disney may very well hold back MTR to make way for Ratatouille.

Under the new rules, I doubt Beowulf has a shot.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 7th, 2007, 5:34 am

I don't think Beowulf or Enchanted qualify under the 75% and keyframe rules.

What has actually been released this year? We should start a tally. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 7th, 2007, 10:56 am

Disney won't hold back MTR. An Oscar nomination is an Oscar nomination and they won't pass up a good opportunity to earn one. Second, I don't know how close the threshold for 5 nominations will be at by the end of the year but holding back hurts those chances. And most importantly, they won't hold back MTR to help Ratatouille because Ratatouille does not need the help!