Roger Rabbit Diet Coke Commercial

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Roger Rabbit Diet Coke Commercial

Post by ShyViolet » August 11th, 2006, 1:12 am

Last edited by ShyViolet on January 7th, 2007, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 11th, 2006, 9:29 am

Even better out there is video of the original 1982/3 version of Roger Rabbit. I had a link but can't find it now.

That commercial was good though...I like how they recycled the animation and had Hoskins do a new piece. Shame it's not on the DVD, but guess Disney didn't want a Coke ad on there without payment!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 11th, 2006, 10:39 pm

Original Trailer:

(It has part of the pig-head scene they cut. :) )
Last edited by ShyViolet on January 7th, 2007, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 12th, 2006, 7:03 am

Even better out there is video of the original 1982/3 version of Roger Rabbit
You mean there was actually footage back then? Wow, I thought that all they had was a script at that point.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 12th, 2006, 11:35 am

There's an episode of the Disney TV show where they show a bit of pencil test for Roger Rabbit. It's XXXth generation copy, but awesome all the same.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 12th, 2006, 9:59 pm

Was the original script based more on the book? (Who Censored Roger Rabbit?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 29th, 2006, 9:42 pm

About this image (from Ginevra's Disney page) which I've seen in one of those coffe-table sized Art of Disney books--what's the story? Was this ever supposed to be a scene in the film?

http://lnx.ginevra2000.it/Disney/roger/crowband.jpg

BTW, this is an EXCELLENT review of WFRR:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... 20301/1023

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 29th, 2006, 10:27 pm

That scene IS in the film Vi. It's just a publicity shot version. Notice that Jessica has her later, more modern look (mainly the hair).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 29th, 2006, 11:03 pm

Oh, yeah. I just don't remember that crow band...I thought she strutted across the stage; I didn't see any players but maybe that's 'cause it was always pan-and-scan! :roll: BTW, aren't those crows from Dumbo?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 30th, 2006, 12:00 am

Yah, the crows are from Dumbo.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 31st, 2006, 8:00 pm

Wow, neat! :)

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... /5534.aspx

For some reason that giant pig's head reminds me of Little Face from the Dick Tracy film. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 1st, 2006, 2:43 pm

"But the good news is ... Those scenes that were cut out of the theatrical release of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" eventually found their way into the 15th anniversary edition DVD for this film."

Um, I don't know what disc he got, but all we had on this was the section in Jessica's dressing room and a workprint version of a BIT of the Pig Head scene.

The Pig Head scene is known to exist in finished form - indeed it sometimes plays on TV in the context of where it was supposed to go - but on the DVD we don't get the whole thing and not NEARLY the amont of deleted footage Hill's script excerpt suggests.

That screenplay runs about 10 minutes of footage there, while the DVD only gives us 2-3 or 4 mins TOPS worth of screen time. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 2nd, 2006, 10:57 pm

The Pig Head scene is known to exist in finished form - indeed it sometimes plays on TV in the context of where it was supposed to go
Wow, that's weird--when I read the scenes Jim described with the Pig head and all....they seemed REALLY familiar, especially how he has to sit in the back on the Red Car. At first I thought maybe I imagined that I saw them, but now I think I really did see them at one point. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 3rd, 2006, 2:13 pm

Well, all of that isn't on the DVD at all.

Jim Hill's feature was REALLY misleading as it sounded like all that was included in the deleted scenes.

As far as I know, NONE of that was actually filmed. All that is on the DVD is Hoskins breaking into Jessica's room, getting nabbed, stuck in the tunnel and then running out with the head on. It then cuts to him showering and the paint running away, which is when Jessica shows up...

Plus, the DVD presents a combination of on-set, pencil test and finished animation, so the scene is not "intact", which was really pooh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 5th, 2006, 2:21 am

As far as I know, NONE of that was actually filmed.
Hmmm.....maybe I imagined it after all. :P