Disney Pixar Discussion

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 24th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Exactly two years ago: :shock:

http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/29/news/co ... ar_disney/

Glad that's over.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 24th, 2006, 5:46 pm

They can get rid of DTVs but they will still have people writing to them saying, "Pleeeeease make more Lion King movies!"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 24th, 2006, 5:49 pm

I still think that Pixar may have too much power now. But that's my opinion.

On the other hand, this should be good news for WallStreet. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 24th, 2006, 5:53 pm

And what bad will come from Pixar having power? Most people see it as a good thing. If you foresee something bad, then what is it? I don't even think the best Pixar movie matches up to the great Disney classics but and I don't think Disney has been as doing as bad lately as everybody likes to say but I still think Pixar can help clear a few cobwebs out of the old Disney machine.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 24th, 2006, 5:54 pm

Christian wrote:They can get rid of DTVs but they will still have people writing to them saying, "Pleeeeease make more Lion King movies!"
LOL! You don't know how funny that is...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 24th, 2006, 5:57 pm

Are you saying you don't believe it? Or that the way I wrote it just sounds funny? They have said they constantly have people asking them to make sequels and the one most requested is sequels to The Lion King.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 24th, 2006, 6:00 pm

Christian wrote:And what bad will come from Pixar having power? Most people see it as a good thing. If you foresee something bad, then what is it? I don't even think the best Pixar movie matches up to the great Disney classics but and I don't think Disney has been as doing as bad lately as everybody likes to say but I still think Pixar can help clear a few cobwebs out of the old Disney machine.
But I like Pixar to be Pixar and for Disney to be Disney. I'm fine with Disney distributing Pixar's films, but I'm not sure if I want them both to become the same thing! See what I'm saying?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 24th, 2006, 6:06 pm

Yes, actually I do. I want them to remain separate while strengthening each other as much as possible.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 24th, 2006, 6:13 pm

If Lasseter is the new Chief of Animation at the new Disney/Pixar studio I have complete faith in everything.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 24th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Good news all around.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 24th, 2006, 7:37 pm

I just hope Lasseter doesn't end up being stretched too thin.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 24th, 2006, 7:38 pm

No way, he's Superman, cleverly disguised in a loud tiki shirt.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 24th, 2006, 7:43 pm

No way, he's Superman, cleverly disguised in a loud tiki shirt.
Ha ha. :lol: :)

I wonder what will happen to David Stainton. :?:

I also have to wonder what this will mean for DreamWorks Animation, especially now that the live-action unit was sold. They will probably work even harder to compete with VERY powerful competition. I think Disney might even work themselves up to a level of power and quality on par with the mid '90s, which will raise the stakes even higher.

Plus, is there any possibility that this might start another bidding war with the studios vying for animators like when DreamWorks first started up? Unlike before, TONS of artists are going to WANT to work for Disney, John Lassetter's there for crying out loud. So many artists would have done anything to work for Pixar and now's their chance.

MAJOR changes ahead.
Last edited by ShyViolet on January 24th, 2006, 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 24th, 2006, 7:46 pm

The press release didn't say but it almost sounds like Ed Catmull now has David Stainton's job.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 24th, 2006, 7:54 pm

WOW, it's like hell actually HAS frozen over! :wink:

What an event. *shakes head*